As hard as it is to believe, spring is just around the corner. Although the House Hunters Team proves any time of year is a good time to sell, with our proven marketing strategies and education-focused real estate approach, the Twin Cities housing market does see an upswing in listings and closed sales as the weather improves.
Is your home ready to list?
Here are the important items to do before listing your home.
- Clean – Ensure your house is sparkling clean and smells fresh before putting it on the market. If you feel you don’t have the time, hire a service to do the initial cleaning and just keep it up from there.
- Declutter – Show maximum space by decluttering. Remove knicknacks, paper piles and clean out closets. Sure, it’s a lot of work, but will help you decrease time on the market.
- Depersonalize – Take down family pictures and other personal items. You want people to be able to picture themselves living in the house, which is difficult to do with family items on display.
- Curb appeal – What’s the first thing a prospective buyer sees? The yard and front of the home. Ensure the yard is clean and maintained. Create a welcoming feel to your front entry, front porch and walkway.
- Paint – Fresh paint does wonders when selling a home. Give a modern, fresh and clean advantage to the interior of the house.
- Pre-inspection – Home inspections are usually reserved for a home buyer, however getting a pre-inspection allows you to be ahead of the game. Know what needs to be fixed or updated before showing your home, allowing you to get the maximum dollar for your property.
- Pre-approval – Meet with a mortgage professional and get a pre-approval letter for your next home. Whether upgrading or downsizing, be prepared for a new home purchase.
Find Out What Your Home is Worth